Saturday, June 27, 2009

Some terrible/strange/wonderful things

Recently spotted:

1. The eight-year-olds in our complex standing at the crossroads of paved paths, eating ice cream, laughing, and ... smoking cigarettes.

2. The jaguar-spotted Benz. Seriously, how popular would these be in the US? I'm all over this business opportunity.














3. If you were to imagine a hulking corporate building of evil, would it look something like...



THIS?


Danielle says yes.





Link



4. The real highlight of our metro station: the giant container of Квас that sits outside day and night AND actually dispenses kvass. (What is that?) I am a little scared to drink out of this, but I desperately want to try it. (Deep breath, mom.)








6. Fake Hermes Birkin bags at approximately every fifth metro station. (What is that?) Please advise: color? price? Possible thesis topic switch?




7. The best, and the one you've been waiting for:

Yup that's me, in the hallway of Ekho. That expression is the closest you'll get to seeing me starstruck (except for the Jeff Tweedy concert circa 2002). For the first ten minutes I was so excited to be there that I couldn't understand what the editor was saying. As opposed to later, when I just couldn't understand what he was saying.









And yup, that's the location of Ekho's office, in the same building as Yedinaya Rossiya.

3 comments:

  1. Dude! I had to look up Ekho because I didn't know what it was, and we get it in Chicago! 1330 AM! Dig it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. That building looks like where a comic book villain would have his office. Or so my limited knowledge of comic books (i.e. I saw the new Batman movies and Ironman) would lead me to believe.

    2. Once I was walking down by the Kazan Cathedral and I could sort of make out a band of guys approaching me. They were obviously drunk (cause, hey, it WAS 6pm on a Wednesday). I braced myself to pass them...and then realized they were all of about 10-years-old.

    3. I wore my polo shirt yesterday too - the nice bright obnoxious orange one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture of you grinning like a dead pig in the sunshine - that's what I'm going to look like in about an hour.

    ReplyDelete