Thursday, June 18, 2009

Gogol'

1. The Kremlin is closed on Thursdays.

2. I went out to Gogol' tonight (I picked it randomly but then realized Sara had also suggested it) to see indie rock bands (although I would call them straight "rock"; there was nothing "indie" about them) Polyusa and someone else, don't know who.















They were great, all angsty and head-bopping and enthusiastic. And loud.


3. 10 pm, broad daylight:















4. Number of times asked for directions: 2
Number of functional conversations in Russian: 2
A ∩ B = 0.

1 comment:

  1. Has the White Nights celebration happened yet? My host mom warned me about khuligany terrorizing the city, etc, and implored me to remain safely inside. I did, but more because my host "sister" lived kind of far from the action, and I didn't want to go into St. Petersburg alone that night.

    In other news, I have edited this so that it reflects my actual nickname. Ura!

    ReplyDelete